Setting Up Your Season Workshops
Murray Dairy hosted seven Setting Up Your Season workshops around the region designed to assist farmers in getting the most out of the up-coming season.
These workshops included guest speakers from Goulburn Murray Water (GMW), Murray Irrigation Limited (MIL), The Department of Economic Development, Jobs Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) and were facilitated by dairy agribusiness consultants from Farmanco and RMCG on the following topics:
- current climatic conditions
- Grain and fodder availability and cost
- Water allocations (GMW & MIL)
- Your milk price and cost of production - what does it mean for you?
The workshops covered:
- Understanding your cost of production
- Identifying critical decision points
- Applying management strategies matched to the seasonal conditions
- Understanding what resources and tools are available and where to find them
Videos of each of the speakers from the workshops can be found below:
Please see below for presentations, resources and links from the sessions:
Dale Gray - DEDJTR - Climatic Conditions Webinar
Mark Bailey - GMW - Water Availability
Perin Davey - MIL - Water Availability
Norman Repacholi - Dairy Australia - Current Situation & Outlook
Tom Farran - Farmanco - Setting Up Your Season Presentation
*A full video of the workshops will be available in two weeks time.
For more information regarding the sessions that were held, please don't hesitate to contact Murray Dairy on (03)5833 5312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
**This information was correct at the time of publication from the 4 - 14 August 2015.