Regional Extension and Education Committee (REEC)
The Regional Extension and Education Committee (REEC) is a sub-committee of Murray Dairy and is responsible for overseeing the delivery of extension and education activities and events to the dairy industry in the region.
The REEC is made up of representatives from five regional networks located in the Murray Dairy area. The Regional Network Groups (RNGs) include:
- Western network (UDV DC No.1);
- Central network (UDV DC No.2);
- Eastern network (UDV DC No.3);
- Riverina network (NSW Farmers’ Association Riverina Dairy Committee); and
- North East Victoria and NSW Upper Murray network (UDV DC No.4).
The committee is also made up of representatives from DEDJTR and NCDE.
The committee’s role and function is to:
- Influence the strategic planning process through Murray Dairy, DEDJTR Victoria, DPI NSW and NCDE;
- Develop a three year extension delivery plan in line with Murray Dairy, DEDJTR Victoria, DPI NSW and NCDE’s strategic plans for extension across the region, including objectives, approaches and key performance indicators;
- Oversee the implementation of the delivery plan; and
- Review progress on the delivery plan.
A farmer representative chairs the committee with approximately 12 members selected on a skills basis.
REEC guidelines are available upon request from the Murray Dairy office.
Please click here for an outline of the REEC and RNG mechanism to better understand how you can be involved.
Click here for farmer article on the REEC and RNG process.